At some point in life, even the most ordinary thing can turn out to have a weird backstory. Worth-mentioning to your friends, these incredible facts will completely change your perspective about life. Read on to discover them!
1. Harriet the Tortoise who passed away in 2006, had met Charles Darwin in person.
2. The first dinosaur fossil was discovered 25 years after the death of George Washington. This means that he never knew dinosaurs existed.
3. Marilyn Monroe and Queen Elizabeth were born in the same year, 1926.
4. The first “Star Wars” movie came out the same year as the last guillotine execution in France, 1977.
5. The fax machine was invented on the same year that the first wagon crossed the Oregon trail, 1843.
6. Just days after McDonalds was founded, prisoners started making their way to Auschwitz, 1940.
7. Charlie Chaplin and Adolf Hitler were both born in 1889.
8. The Nintendo Company was founded while Jack the Ripper was still out on the loose.
9. The University of Oxford had existed for hundreds of years before the Aztec Empire (1428) was founded.
10. Swiss women won the right to vote the same year that the U.S. drove a buggy on the moon, 1971.
11. Princess Diana and Mother Teresa died just days apart in 1997.
12. The oldest tree in the world was already 1000 years of age when the last Woolly Mammoth died.
13. Orville Wright was still alive when Nagasaki and Hiroshima were bombed, 1945.
14. Ecstasy was invented in 1912, the same year that the Titanic sank.
15. Anne Frank and Martin Luther King Jr were born in the same year, 1929.
16. During the first years of its existence, Harvard University didn’t offer calculus courses. This is because calculus hadn’t been invented yet.
17. The Eiffel Tower was inaugurated in 1889, the same year that “The Starry Night” was painted by Van Gogh.
18. 80% of males born in the Soviet Union in 1923 were killed in WWII.
19. Genghis Khan killed anywhere between 10-70 million people.
20. The first man to fly a plane and the first man on the moon, were alive at the same time.