You should never use water when cleaning outlet covers or various light fixtures. As you already know, water can lead to electrocution or fire and it can be fatal.
“This might be a no brainer, but using a wet cloth to clean an outlet cover or light fixtures can lead to the risk of electrocution or fire,” says Nasutsa Mabwa, president of ServiceMaster Restoration By Simons. “Instead, use a dry duster or dry cloth to clean outlet covers and light fixtures, or unplug the light fixture before attempting to clean it.”
You’ll see clearly why this next one is a bad idea…..